Brooms Green and Dymock
On the doorstep there are footpaths to explore which are well marked. The area is deep in the heart of countryside associated with the Dymock Poets (Lascelles Abercrombie, Wilfrid Gibson, Edward Thomas, Robert Frost, Rupert Brooke and John Drinkwater). We are on the Ledbury Loop a well-used cycle trail and the Geopark Way exploring local geology. The area is also famous for its wild daffodils and these are celebrated each year with walks in Dymock and Kempley.
Maps of the walks are available to help you plan your walks and trips.
Ledbury is a historic market town and the birthplace of John Masefield. The town has a black and white Market House, cobbled Church Lane leading to the town church, little alleyways to explore and excellent shops. There is also a good selection of pubs, restaurants and cafes. Ledbury is now well known for its annual Poetry Festival in July.
Other places to explore
- Eastnor Castle and deer park, Hellens Manor House at Much Marcle
- Malvern and the Malvern Hills an area of outstanding beauty. There is also a very good theatre where many plays are staged before they move to the West End. The Morgan Car Factory is based at Malvern Link
- Ross on Wye – a good place to start a canoe trip down the Wye River or a visit to Goodrich castle
- Cathedral towns of Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester and the Three Choirs Festival
- Regency Cheltenham with its literary festival, Cheltenham Gold Cup
- The Forest of Dean – good for walking and cycling
- The Welsh Marches with walks in the Black mountains
- Ludlow for its castle, food festival and Christmas Medieval Fayre
- Leominster and Hampton Court
- National Trust properties such as Brockhampton, Croome Park or Berrington Court
- Tintern Abbey, Symonds Yat
- Hay on Wye for its bookshops and Book Festival
- The Hereford Trail- a walk around Herefordshire borders
Walking & Cycling
Herefordshire is wonderful walking country and there is an annual festival in June to celebrate this.
The area is popular with cyclists and there are a number of routes available. Rides range from the easy to challenging with routes through Black & White villages, secluded valleys, picturesque villages and along river trails.
The Ledbury Cider Cycling Route
Malverns Off Roading Cycling
Bosbury and beyond
The Masefield Trail Cycling map
Ledbury Poetry Festival Poetry Festival every July
The Big Apple Celebrating orchards in the the Parishes of the Marcle Ridge
The Three Counties Show The Three counties Show (June) and the Spring Gardening Show (May)
Cheltenham Festivals Every year more than 2,500 of the world’s finest musicians, writers, scientists, performers and thinkers to attend Cheltenham Festivals to entertain and inspire audiences of all ages
Malvern Festivals The Autumn in Malvern Festival is a renowned series of artistic events & exhibitions held annually in the surroundings of the glorious Malvern Hills